Wednesday 7 September 2016

Grade 12 Art - Day 2 "Social Justice" continued

"The medium of mixed media collage lends itself well to developing a visual vocabulary for describing and translating my experiences. I live a life that calls me in many different directions – My life is a path of seeking order in chaos, peace in conflict, wholeness in fragmentation, creative action in the context of destructive action. Collage is a both a process and a medium in which I can most naturally give voice to that creative tension. I use the fragments of my life (found and created images) to translate my experiences into something else, something hopefully better than what existed prior."
- http://www.spiritmorphstudio.com/artist.htm

In today's lesson, we continue with our Social Justice assignment.  I would like you to draw three conceptual sketches that portray a social justice or environmental issue, based on our definitions from yesterday's handout.  Please come and see me with your sketches before we move to our final version of this project.  Remember: mix your media!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2f/18/3f/2f183fa5d69e4c322624b502765e7253.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment