Friday 27 November 2015

Nursery Room Safari Art

A Little Bit of Art by Me


As of late, I've been in the very awesome position of having to decorate a nursery for my first child. I decided to employ my art skills to achieve this task.  I started by drawing some cartoons of animals from the internet. I started with actual photographs and reduced them to cartoons like these.

















After that was completed, I bought a 4 x 8 sheet of MDF and proceeded to draw my cartoons on a larger scale.  They were then cut out and the first layers of paint were added.  An important note is that I painted my early layers in sweeping motions that followed the outline of the animal.  This creates a texture that I can use to shade in value transitions, as you can see in the final pics.  Thanks for having a look!











No comments:

Post a Comment