Tuesday 6 September 2016

Grade 12 - Day 1 "Social Justice Issues"


http://www.spiritmorphstudio.com/bacchus2006.htm

Social Justice/ Environmental Issues Mixed Media

"For as long as I can remember I've seen, felt, and otherwise known the world on a visceral and psycho-kinetic level, all sensations blending with one another. It's this transformative experience I'm expressing and commemorating in my work, which I hope to awaken for others in the sharing of my work."

Definitions

Mixed Media: A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined.

Social Justice: preventing human rights abuses and ensuring adherence to the law.

Focus: Issues of minority groups, especially international justice, poverty, women's and children's issues.  International justice particularly refers to war crimes and crimes against humanity. 

Topics: Social, Cultural, Political, or Environmental.

Step One: I will provide you with a list of artists that incorporate social justice issues into their work.
Step Two: Research and focus on one artist whose work involves a social justice issue and complete the questions provided.


Untitled, by Radcliffe Bailey, 2000, mixed media and collage on paper, 80 1/2 x 60 in. (Courtesy image/Radcliffe Bailey and Jack Shainman Gallery, New York)

No comments:

Post a Comment